Spiced Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Active Ingredients: Prep Time: 25 mins
1. Create Spanish spice by mixing one tablespoon of chili powder, cumin and half a teaspoon of oregano, cayenne and sweet smoked paprika (or substitue regular paprika). Marinate ground turkey, garlic and onions in the Spanish spice mix in beef broth for at least 25 minutes for ardent flavor.
2. Dice and mix onion, red bell pepper, garlic, cilantro, corn and black beans. Be sure to cook and cool black beans and frozen corn before adding them to the mix.
3. Squeeze fresh lime juice into vegetable mixture and sprinkle with a dash of pepper to complete salsa. For best results refrigerate or stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. 4. On a stove top, cook and drain ground turkey until brown.
5. Rinse and peel full lettuce leafs from lettuce head. Later the cup of the lettuce with cooked ground turkey. Garnish with veggie salsa and avocado slice. Add chili pepper sauce for slight spice.
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- head of green leaf lettuce
- 1 lime
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 avocado halved
- fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/4 cup of canned black beans drained
- Spanish spice (chili powder, sweet smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano)
- black pepper
- chili pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup Beef broth (optional)
**I’m usually accustom to cooking single servings for one person. This is for a serving of two because I’m greedy 😝😋. Increase and ration accordingly.**
Oh this sounds really really good!
I can’t wait to try this. 😄